This feature is available to team admins.
Forming a team in MeisterNote allows you and your colleagues to work collaboratively and manage your organization's notes and pages in real time.
This article describes how to create a MeisterNote team and invite or remove users. To learn how to manage your team's licenses, visit our dedicated article here.
If you've already formed a team in MindMeister or MeisterTask and would like to purchase MeisterNote licenses for your team, visit our dedicated article here.
What is a MeisterNote Team?
Before you can collaborate with your colleagues in MeisterNote, you'll need to form a team. Forming a team will allow you and your colleagues to:
- Create and manage notes collaboratively in real time
- Share notes and documentation across your entire organization
- Manage team members' access and editing privileges by assigning roles and permissions (Business users only)
- Manage your team's licenses and billing information (Pro and Business users)
All of your team's licenses must be purchased from the same admin account. Users who already have their own Pro or Business subscription to MeisterNote will first have to downgrade to a basic account in order to join your team.
Create a Team
You can create your MeisterNote team by inviting your colleagues to join via the My Team page. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of the MeisterNote interface.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu. This will open the Accounts page.
- Click My Team on the left side of the accounts page.
- Click the Invite button.
- In the next window, enter the e-mail addresses of your new team members and select which Meister Products you'd like to invite your new team members to use.
Assigning Licenses (Paid Users)
If you are managing a Pro or Business team, the number of available seats (licenses) for each product is displayed at the bottom of this window. Click Add More to purchase additional licenses for your team.
- Select Invite to send an e-mail invitation to each of your new colleagues. Once users have accepted your invitation, they will be immediately added to your team and gain access to all of your team projects.
Users who already have their own paid subscription to a Meister product CANNOT join your team.
If one of your colleagues already has a paid license for a Meister product, they will first have to downgrade to a basic account in order to accept your invitation.
As soon as the invitees have accepted your invitation, they will be immediately added to your team. You can edit, disable or remove team members from the My Team section of the Accounts page. Find out more here.
Edit, Disable or Remove Team Members
Once users have accepted your invitation and been added to your team, they will be listed in the My Team section of the Accounts page. From here, you can edit, disable or remove team members. To do this:
- Hover your mouse over a team member's name.
- Click the ellipsis (...) which appears to the right of your team member's name.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu:
- Select Edit to change a team member's name, email address or password.
- Select Disable to temporarily freeze a team member's use of a specific product and free up one of your licenses. Disabling a user will not remove them from your team.
- Select Make Admin to assign administrator status to a team member (Only available for Business users).
- Select Remove from team to permanently remove a colleague from your team. This will also free up any licenses used by the removed team member.
Adjust Team Security Settings
This feature is only available to Business users.
You can adjust team security options from the Settings section of the My Team page. To learn more about adjusting your team's security settings, visit our dedicated help center article here.
What If My Team Is Under-licensed?
This section only applies to Pro and Business teams.
If your team owns fewer licenses than it has team members (i.e. if you have 10 team members but only own 9 licenses), unlicensed users will not be able to use the product. The best way to remedy this issue is to purchase more licenses.
Otherwise, you'll need to make a decision as to which team members should be disabled. Disabling a team member from using a specific Meister product will free up one of your licenses, which you can then assign to another user. To learn how to disable users, click here.