This feature is available to all users
Create new notes to begin collaborating with your team. Add pages and sub-pages to your notes to organize information hierarchically.
Create a Private Note
By default, newly created notes are private — they can only be viewed by you. On the left sidebar, private notes are shown with a 🔒 to make them easily identifiable.
You can turn a private note into a shared note at any time by inviting other users.
To create a private note:
- Click + Create new at the top of your dashboard.
Select New Note.
- Give your note a title.
- To change your note's icon, click the note icon in the top-right corner of the window.
- Click Create Note.
Create a Shared Note
Users who are part of a Pro or Business team can also create shared notes which can be viewed and/or edited by selected teammates. To learn more about creating and managing a MeisterNote team, visit our dedicated article here.
To create a shared note from the Dashboard:
- Click + Create new from the top of your dashboard.
Click New Note.
- Give your note a title and icon.
- Begin entering a team member's name, then click their avatar as soon as it appears. Repeat this step for each team member you'd like to invite. You can also click your team name to invite your entire team at once.
- Click Add as to choose a role for the colleagues you're inviting to your note. (Note - only Business users can change roles and permissions).
Click Create Note to confirm.
Roles and Permissions
Each role (administrator/member, viewer, etc.) comes with its own set of access/editing privileges. To learn more about roles and permissions in MeisterNote, visit our dedicated article here
Create a Page
Pages are stored hierarchically in notes. To create a page:
- Open a note.
- Click the plus icon (+) next to the "Pages" header on the left sidebar.
Pages cannot be shared individually. To share a page with another user, you'll need to share the note that contains it.
Create a Sub-Page
To create sub-pages on a new hierarchical level:
- Open any note.
- Click the ellipsis (...) next to any page in the left sidebar.
Select Add Page from the drop-down menu.
Organize Your Pages Into Hierarchies
To create a hierarchical structure for existing pages, simply drag and drop them onto other pages:
In MeisterNote, notes are organized into Note Groups > Notes > Pages > Sub-Pages. The diagram below shows a quick overview of each level:
Note groups are only visible to you. They affect the organization of your personal dashboard.
Notes form the basis of sharing in MeisterNote. Sharing a note will also share its pages and sub-pages.
Sub-pages exist within pages. Sub-pages can be reorganized interchangeably with pages.
To learn more about note hierarchies, visit our dedicated article here.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!