The features shown in this article and video are available to all users
Use MeisterNote for efficient, distraction-free writing. Create a new note with the click of a button or open a ready-made template to get to the point faster. Read on to find out how you can get started.
Get Started Quickly with Templates
Using MeisterNote for meetings, planning or progress reports? Good news - You can find professional templates already stored in your account, waiting for you to fill in the blanks. To use a MeisterNote template:
- Click the + icon on the left sidebar.
- Select a template or click Browse all templates.
- Click Use Template.
- Personalize the note!
Currently, we have templates for team meetings, 1:1s, project plans, quarterly planning and project progress reports. Missing something? Let us know!
Create and Share a Note
Create a new note with the click of a button; simply select + New empty note at the top of dashboard. Next, add a title and content, and then share your new note with colleagues. To do this:
- Click Share in the top-right corner.
- Click + Add.
- Type an email address or name and press Enter.
- Select the role you'd like to give collaborators by clicking Member beside their name. Choose from Admin, Member, Commenter or Viewer. (Note - only Business users can change roles and permissions).
- Click Share.
Creating Notes and Pages
To learn more about creating notes and pages, visit our dedicated article here.
Customize Your Note With an Icon and Cover
You don’t need to be an artist to make your documentation stand out. Personalize the appearance of your note by adding a note cover and icon, simply:
- Click Add cover/icon at the top of your note.
- Select your favorite cover/icon.
- Change the icon color by selecting from the colors in the icon pop-up window.
- Click Remove cover/icon if you'd like to go back to basics.
To learn more about customizing your note's appearance, check out our dedicated article here.
Add Content to Your New Note
In MeisterNote, your content is split into different blocks. These blocks make filling a blank page quicker and easier than in traditional word processing software - Simply select and format the blocks depending on the type of content you'd like to create.
Content blocks can be split into four groups:
- Text types: Text, headings, line separators. Use these to give your notes structure.
- Lists: To-do list, bullet list, ordered list. Add supplementary information with these.
- Boxes: Info, warning, tip, quote, icon and code. Use these blocks to add color and highlight key details.
- External Media. Embed a variety of external media to embellish your notes.
Unsure where to start? Experiment by adding a few content blocks and moving them around your note using drag and drop.
To learn more about adding content blocks to your notes, visit our dedicated article here.
To learn how to make attractive documentation quickly, check out this article.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!